Louise Hay was an amazing, pioneering women who was one of the first people to say that your state of mind and thoughts effected your health, relationships, work and all aspects of your life. Thank you Louise Hay for your wisdom and love and teaching many people self-love.
Give this exercise a try it only takes 5 minutes and will make a significant change to the way you feel about yourself and positively effect your whole life.
I recommend doing this exercise first thing in the morning when you get out of bed, before doing anything else. If you meditate in the morning I would even recommend doing this before you meditate.
Life Changing exercise:
- Stand in front of a mirror and look straight into your eyes.
- Look straight into your own eyes and stay looking into them.
- Say out loud, so you can hear your own voice, “I love you”.
- Stay looking into your own eyes and after a little while say “I love you”.
- Then after a little while say “I love you”.
- No matter what you feel or what happens inside of you, notice it and do not analysis it, make a story out of it, or tell yourself that it / you are wrong.
- You may feel sad, angry, silly, happy, less than, not worthy…this exercise can bring any emotion to the surface just stay with it.
- You might notice that the feeling changes, whatever happens is OK.
- Stay looking straight into your own eyes saying “I love you” and after a short pause say it again, for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Stay looking into your eyes for another while, at least 30 seconds.
- Than take a moment to reflect on what happened – do not analysis it, make a story out of it, or tell yourself that it / you are wrong.
What may happen
Do this exercise everyday for a month, if you do not want to commit to this try it for a few days or a week.
You may find after doing this exercise everyday for a week that you start to experience more self-love.
Imagine what this would be like. Imagine how having more self-love will benefit your relationship with yourself and with other people.