For me one of the quickest ways to gain clarity is to ground.
For me grounding feels like I am in full contact with myself, with the earth and I feel like I am part of the earth.
Furthermore, my head is clear and I feel stable and strong.
It is my experience that people:
- Do not spend enough time practicing how to ground
- Do not feel that grounding is important
- Do not know when they are or are not grounded
For these reasons I am going to start with what grounding is not.
What Grounding is not:
- Not leaving your body
- Not floating
- Not daydreaming
- Not closing down
- Not ‘playing’ memories in your head
- Not acting out old habits
- Being aware of your body
- Being aware of the energy in your body
- Feeling the wholeness and togetherness of your body
- Feeling the earth
- Feeling part of the earth
- Opening up
Why else is grounding important:
- You can gain more awareness of your feelings
- You to gain the message from the feeling (for more information)